Applications open Monday 16 August:
The Queensland Government released further details today in relation to the recently announced $5,000 Business Support Grant which is available to businesses.
In order for a business to be eligible, it must:
- Employ Staff (does not include any business owners)
- Have an ABN held from 30 June 2021.
- Be GST registered at the time of the application
- Have Queensland headquarters (principal place of business) and been trading in Queensland on 31 July 2021.
- Not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are insolvent or undischarged bankrupt.
- Have an annual payroll under $10 million during any of the 2019, 2020 or 2021 financial years.
- Have an annual turnover of at least $75,000 during any of the 2019, 2020 or 2021 financial years (recently commenced businesses can show records that they will meet this requirement in the 2022 financial year).
- Demonstrate the business was directly or indirectly impacted by a lockdown event.
- Demonstrate a reduction in turnover of at least 30% during a nominated 7-day period:
- When compared to the comparable turnover achieved within the same 2019 7-day period (July or August 2019)
- If the 2019 period does not represent typical weekly turnover, then another comparable period may be used
- The reduction period must include 1 full day of a lockdown event (either SEQ 31 July to 8 August OR Cairns/Yarrabah 8 August to 11 August)
- Large businesses in Tourism & Hospitality sectors – are subject to all the same eligibility requirements excluding the $10 million payroll limit.
Applications will open at midday on 16 August 2021 and will close on 16 November 2021. There is no limitation to the funding available and all eligible applications will receive funding. Applications are submitted via the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (QRIDA) portal. Applications must be submitted by the applications and not by third parties. The supporting evidence required in relation to the eligibility criteria can be in the form of either business records or an accountant’s letter. Following assessment and approval of the grant, payment will be made within two weeks.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our office at your earliest convenience.